DONATIONS OF ITEMS
- For donations of artefacts to the Museum, please contact the Curator on 01935 812252 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artefacts cannot be taken into the Museum and left without the permission of the Curator - the stewards have no authorisation to do so.
- Please consider whether your item “tells the Sherborne story” - is it something that is unique to the town or its surrounding villages? (please see the map below of our catchment area)
- Unless a newspaper is one of the original local editions, we do not take in such items as they can be obtained through electronic archives.
- Is it in good condition or is it something that could never be displayed?
- We would welcome items that fill in gaps in our collections; clothes from the 50s onwards, for example, or early plastics.
If the curator agrees to consider an item you will be given a form to supply your contact details and as much information as possible about your object.
Please read the terms and conditions before signing the form to indicate you have accepted them.
Museum Catchment Area: