CUSTOMER CARE POLICY
- Sherborne Museum aims to provide an excellent service of benefit and enjoyment to our visitors and members and "to play a key role within our local community, actively contributing to learning and education across all age groups."
- We are dedicated to providing inspirational and educational exhibits and activities for all to enjoy.
- We carry out conservation, interpretation and display in a safe and secure environment.
- Our volunteer staff is dedicated to the provision of a friendly, high quality and visitor-focused service to all users. They are committed to promoting the ideals of our organisation, as set out in our Mission Statement, and to delivering the standards contained in this policy.
OUR CUSTOMER COMMITMENT
- Our admission charges and opening times are clearly displayed on site and through our website.
- We are mindful at all times of the needs of those with different abilities and strive to meet them as far as possible within the limitations of a Grade II listed building and a budget appropriate to a small independent museum.
- Sherborne Museum is committed to documenting and digitising its collections in order to ensure accessibility of information and the fulfilment of its responsibilities to donors, researchers and lenders.
People and Potential
- Sherborne Museum is committed to providing an environment in which volunteers are encouraged, through training and development offered by, for example, the Dorset Museums Council and the SW Federation of Museums and Art Galleries, to be as effective and motivated as possible.
- We continue to aspire towards the criteria set out within the Accreditation Standard and communicate our pursuit of excellence to our visitors.
- Sherborne Museum is dedicated to presenting new, informative and relevant exhibitions and events to our audience and we will encourage staff to be flexible and innovative in their approach to and judgement of audience expectation.
- We regularly monitor our services and improve them in response to feedback and complaints.
- Sherborne Museum is committed to working in partnership with other museums and organisations to achieve the objectives of our mission statement and contribute to a wider appreciation and understanding of Sherborne's heritage.
- We will encourage partnerships within and beyond our local community that are beneficial to our audiences and provide exhibitions, events and activities that celebrate diversity.
- Sherborne Museum volunteers will ensure equal, inclusive and courteous treatment towards each other and to all our visitors, fostering a positive approach to Equal Opportunity across our organisation.
- We will identify any barriers to participation and learning and work with our Members, staff, visitors and community to remove them.
OUR PROMISE TO VISITORS
- Our standards of service are designed to support the aims and objectives of Sherborne Museum in pursuit of its purpose.
- We aim to achieve excellence in our exhibitions, facilities and services and ensure they are accessible to all.
- We consult our visitors and take into consideration their opinions.
- We operate a simple complaints procedure designed to resolve problems quickly and improve services. Any complaint will receive a written response.
- We publicise and market our events, exhibitions and facilities to the widest possible audience and provide accurate information and promotional material on site and through social media.
- We provide clearly displayed information signage regarding access, admission, special events, gallery closures, temporary hazards and equipment failure.
- We regularly update our Emergency Plan and communicate this to our staff. The building is inspected regularly by a Fire Officer, whose recommendations we follow.
- Our staff offers high standards of courtesy, helpfulness and knowledge, are identifiable to our visitors and will deal politely and efficiently with enquiries.
- We encourage feedback from our visitors and provide a comments book and questionnaires at the Reception Desk.
- Phone calls will be answered within 4 rings, or will then be directed to voicemail. Research enquiries will be answered within 10 days, bearing in mind the voluntary nature of our staff.
Comments and Complaints
- Sherborne Museum encourages comments, both positive and negative, from visitors and while we aim to provide a high standard of customer care at all times, the Museum accepts that complaints will be made.
- Whether a complaint is made verbally, by e-mail, letter or telephone, it will be investigated and answered, and used as a means to improve standards.
- We will deal with complaints promptly and take action to ensure that a similar situation does not arise again.
A complaint can be made in person to any staff member or by phoning the front-of-house steward at Reception on 01935 812252. They will either pass you directly to the Curator or Chairman or log your complaint for their attention.
Alternatively you can write to:
Dorset DT9 3BP
Or e-mail: email@example.com
We will respond to all written complaints within one calendar month. If the complainant is still dissatisfied, a meeting can be arranged with the Chairman to discuss the matter personally.